I am submitting my academic report for the year 2020 as a part of my regular practice every year. It helps me to evaluate my academic contribution per year and it motivates me to do more…
Paper/Article Published: 01
- Epicureanism, Charvaka and Consumerism: A Search for Philosophy of Happiness, Interdisciplinary Studies, 7 जून 2020, https://niyamakreference.blogspot.com/2020/06/epicureanism-charvaka-and-consumerism.html
- दार्शनिक निबन्ध (Philosophical Essays), Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal, Publisher: Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), Pehowa (Kurukshetra), First Edition, March 2020, http://cppispublications.wordpress.com
- An Integrated Approach to the Study of Mind (Rene Descartes, David Hume and Gilbert Ryle), Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal, Publisher: Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), Pehowa (Kurukshetra), First Edition, May 24, 2020.
- A Class-Room Introduction to Logic by Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal, CPPIS, Pehowa (Kurukshetra) First Edition: 24th May, 2020 (ISBN: 979-86-478761-0-2).
- The Stunning Beauty – The Positive Philosopher, Independently published (May 31, 2020) (ISBN : 979-8648774995)
- "Mai Tum hare Naam Likhha hoon" OnlineGatha – The Endless Tale (August, 2020) (ISBN: 978-81-947598-7-4)
- Philosophy: An Indian Point of View Editor :Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal, Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), Pehowa (Kurukshetra), First Edition: November, 2020, http://cppispublications.wordpress.com
Paper Presented: 01
- “Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Vision of Just Society” in Webinar Series of Philosophy Family held on 27th December, 2020.
E-Courses : 03
- Buddhism and Modern Psychology, Princeton University, Coursera, June, 2020.
- Competency-Based Learning: Introduction, Health Emergencies Programme, OpenWHO, June 10, 2020.
- Philosophy : How to Be Happy in the Modern World, Greg Vanderford & Udemy, June 12, 2020.
Citation Received: 04
- Ivana Septia Rahaya, Slamet Subiyantoro, Budhi Setiawan (2020), “PERTAHANAN NILAI RELIGIUS MASYARAKAT MODERN DALAM NOVEL IMPIAN AMERIKA KARYA KUNTOWIJOYO” MAGISTRA ANDALUSIA Jurnal Ilmu Sastra, Vol 2, No 1 (2020) eISSN 2656-6230, pp.17-22, http://magistraandalusia.fib.unand.ac.id/index.php/majis/article/view/17%20-%2022 (Sirswal, D. R. (2016).The Role of Religious and Spiritual Values in Shaping Humanity (A Study of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar’s Religious Philosopy).Journal of Ideas on Education & Social Transformation), 7 (1), 1—17.)
- ULRICH DE BALBIAN, (META-PHILOSOPHY) PHILOSOPHY’S GHOST Dead Discipline Walking, Meta-Philosophy Research Center,2007 (I let him speak for himself. “My objective is to achieve an intellectual detachment from all philosophical systems, and not to solve specific philosophical problems but to become sensitively aware of what it is when we philosophize.” Copyright© Desh Raj Sirswal .)
- Yurt, Engin. “Deconstruction of Hume-Buddhism Relation: A Final Note on Anatta Debate”. Temaşa Felsefe Dergisi 13 (2020): 47-72 (Sirswal, D. R. “Humans Beings Have No Identical Self”. Proceedings of the 20th Conference of All Orissa Philos- ophy Association, (2008): 198-210. Sirswal, D. R. “Hume’s Ideas on the Problem of Personal Identity”. Journal of Bihar Philosophical Research (Combined Edition), (2005): 189-197. Sirswal, D. R. “The Concept of the Self in David Hume and the Buddha”. Satya Nilayam: Chennai Journal of Intercultural Philosophy, Vol: 17, (2010): 23-36.)
- TRISTAN KAPP, SPIRITUAL SEXUALITY: TOWARDS A HOLISTIC AND A- ECCLESIAL SEXUAL ETHIC Submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the degree Magister Divinitatis, Department of Systematic and Historical Theology at the Faculty of Theology and Religion, University of Pretoria ,SUPERVISOR: Dr. Tanya van Wyk ,September 2020 (Sirswal, R.R., 2016, The Role Of Religious and Spiritual Values in Shaping Humanity (A Study of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar's Religious Thoughts). Journal of Ideas on Educational & Social Transformation 7(1):7-8.)
- Debate on “Education System”, The Positive Philosophy Society, Post Graduate Govt. College, Sector-46, Chandigarh on 24th February, 2020.
- “Online Philosophy Quiz-Contest on “World Philosophy Day Celebration -2020”, The Positive Philosophy Society, Post Graduate Govt. College, Sector-46, Chandigarh on 19th November, 2020.
Membership of Society:02
- Adjunct Member, American Philosophical Practitioners Association since June 2020.
- Member, Joint Forum for Academic and Social Justice (JFASJ) since June 04/06/2020.
Professional Trainings :03
- Seven Days Faculty Development Programme on “Education and Pedagogy in the Times of Digital Humanities” Post Graduate Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh in association with Human Resource Development Centre, Panjab University, Chandigarh under the Aegis of RUSA held from 9-01-2020 to 15-01-2020.
- Three days Capacity Development Programme (Online/ Webinar) on “ Dialogue with Baba Saheb : Critical Reections on Social Science Discourse” Organised by Teaching Learning Centre For Social Science , Dr Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar (MP). Under the Aegis of Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi held on April 12-14, 2020.
- Information and Communication Training Course (ICT Training) by Directorate of Technical Education U.T., Chandigarh Administration from 01/07/2020 to 13/08/2020.
Participations in Webinars:18
- Participated in Two Days National Level Webinar on “Thought Conﬂict in Indian Philosophy” orgnised by Shantarambhau Gholap Arts, Science and Gotirambhau Pawar College Shivle, Department of Philosophy And Paramarsh, S. P. Pune University held on 21-22 May, 2020.
- Participated in Online National Webinar on “COVID-19 Pandemic: Impact and strategies for education sector in India” organised by Women Cell and Legal Cell, Vaish Arya Shikshan Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Bahadurgarh (Haryana) held on May 23, 2020.
- Participated in Webinar titled "Struggle for Discrimination Free Space: Issues of Representation, Exclusion and Inclusion in Contemporary India" organized by Dialogue for Academic Justice (DFAJ) on 30th May, 2020.
- Participated in Webinar on “Use of Anti-Plagarism Softwares in Teaching & Research” hosted by the Chandigarh Government College Teachers Association on 31st May 2020.
- Participated in Two Day National Webinar on "Fundamental Questions in Epistemology : Indian & Western Perspectives" organized by Department of Philosophy, New Arts, Commerce and Science College, Ahmednagar, Savitribai Phule Pune, University, Pune And Maharashtra Tattvadnyan Parishad held on 31st May & 1st June 2020.
- Participated in Two Day National Level Online Conference on “The Study of Anumana in Indian Logic (in accordance with Nyaya Darshana, Buddha Darshana & Jain Darshana)” organized by Department of Philosophy, R.S. Mundle Dharampeth Arts & Commerce College Nagpur held on 8th & 9th June, 2020.
- Participated in State Level Webinar on “Challenges of Higher Education before Students and Teachers of Scheduled Castes in Haryana: Covid-19 Perspectives” organized by Ambedkar Professors Association of Haryana (Regd.) held on 14.06.2020.
- Participated in Webinar on “GENDER SAMANTA PE DR. AMBEDKAR KE VICHAR” organized by Dr. Ambedkar Chair, Patna University, Patna on Jun 20, 2020.
- Participated in Webinar on “Publishing Scholarly Articles in Scopus Indexed Journals” hosted by CGCTA, Chandigarh on 20th Jun 2020.
- Participated in International Webinar on “Philosophy of Yoga” organized by Department of Philosophy, Panjab University, Chandigarh sponsored by Indian Council of Philosophical Research, New Delhi held on 6/07/2020.
- Participated in Webinar on “Dr. Ambedkar: Everyone's Inspiration” organized by Centre for Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Studies, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra on July 17, 2020.
- Participated in National Level Webinar on “Personality Development” organized by P.G.Department of Commerce and IQAC, GNNCW Nakodar, Jalandhar(Punjab) held on August 4, 2020;.
- Participated in National Webinar on "National Education Policy 2020: A New Era from School to Higher Education" organized by Department of Psychology in association with IQAC of Post Graduate Govt. College, Sector 46, Chandigarh on August 17, 2020.
- Participated in National Webinar on “Yoga for Health, Happiness and Harmony”, organized by the Department of Philosophy, St. Joseph University, Dimapur, Nagaland held on 21st August 2020.
- Participated in International Webinar on Philosophical Counselling by Department of Philosophy, Panjab University, Chandigarh under Study Circle “Elenchus” sponsored by ICPR, New Delhi held on 26th August, 2020.
- Participated in National Webinar on Undertaking Qualitative Research: An Insight into Different Methods held on 5th September, 2020.
- Participated in National Webinar on Mental Health and Virtual World organized by the Department of Psychology in association with Society for Psychological Assessment and Guidance (SPAG), Chandigarh held on October 10, 2020.
- Participated in National Webinar on the topic, “COVID-19 Pandemic, Developmental Challenges and Rebooting Measures”, organized by RUSA Cell, PGGC-46, Chandigarh held on 21st October 2020.
- Lokayata Vol. XI , No.01 & 02 ( September 2020): Special issue on Problems in Analytical Philosophy
New Courses enrolled:01
- Online Refresher Course In Philosophy, National Resource Center - Philosophy B.P.S. Mahila Vishwavidyalaya, Khanpur Kalan, Sonipat Haryana
In addition to the above said, I submitted several reports of the programs, regularly updated all our philosophy pages including Philosophy News in India, The Positive Philosophy, Indian Psychology, Philosophical Mind Studies, A Class-Room Introduction to Logic, Elements of Philosophy, Interdisciplinary Studies, Philpapers, Scribd.com, ResearchGate, Academia.edu, Issuu.com, Linkedin, YourQoute and Shabdnagri etc.
Hope your blessings, motivation and good wishes guide me in my academic career and social life in future also.
Thanks for being with me.
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal
December 31, 2020