MY ACADEMIC REPORT- 2018
I am submitting my academic report for the year 2018 as a part of my regular practice every year. This helps me to evaluate my academic contribution per year and motivate me to do more…
- • Assistant Professor (Philosophy), Smt. Aruna Asaf Ali Govt. P.G.College, Kalka (Panchkula) from 17th April, 2018.
Papers Published: 05
- • “Relevance of Substance Theory of Charvaka in Present Times ” in Lokāyata: Journal of Positive Philosophy, Volume VIII, No. 01 , March, 2018, pp.52-55. (ISSN: 2249-8389).
- • “Dr. B.R. Ambedkar: A Modern Indian Philosopher” in Milestone Education Review (The Journal of Ideas on Educational & Social Transformation), Year 09, No.01, April, 2018, pp.19-31 (ISSN: 2278-2168).
- • “Philosophy of Life of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji” in Lokāyata: Journal of Positive Philosophy, Volume VIII, No. 02 , September, 2018, pp.61-66. (ISSN: 2249-8389).
- • “Principles of Good Governance Advocated by Ancient Greek Thinkers” by Ajay Kumar Sharma and Desh Raj Sirswal in Good Governance: Some Ethical Issues edited by Mrinal Kanti Basak & Riki Chakraborty, Progressive Publishers, Kolkata in 2018 ,pp.66-78.(ISBN: 978-81-8064-273-9).
- • पुस्तक-समीक्षा :आधुनिक युवा-मानसिकता एवम् उसके नैतिक पतन की कहानियाँ, 06 दिसम्बर 2018 | डॉ. देशराज सिरसवाल Link: https://shabd.in/post/106316/pustak-samiksha-aadhunik-yuva-mansikta-avam-uske-naitik-patan-ki-kahaniyan
- • CPPIS Manual for Contributors and Reviewers, Editor: Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal, , Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), Pehowa (Kurukshetra), 31st October , 2018.
Papers Presented: 05
- • “Dr. B. R. Ambedkar : A Modern Indian Philosopher” in 92nd Session of Indian Philosophical Congress on “Holistic Ways of Life and Living” at at Holistic Science Research Centre (HSRC) ,VVCRF, Surat on 5th-7th January, 2018.
- • “Principles of Good Governance Advocated by Ancient Greek Thinkers” in 92nd Session of Indian Philosophical Congress on “Holistic Ways of Life and Living” at at Holistic Science Research Centre (HSRC), VVCRF, Surat on 5th-7th January, 2018.
- • “Epicureanism, Charvaka and Consumerism: A Search for Philosophy of Happiness” in National Seminar on Consumerism and Consumer Protection in the Era of Open Markets in India, sponsored by CDC, Panjab University, Chandigarh and organized by P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 30th January, 2018.
- • “Mahatma Gandhi on Modern Indian Civilization: An Overview” in ICSSR Sponsored Two-Days International Seminar on Sustainable Development, Gandhian Legacy & 21st Century Challenges organized by Department of Gandhian & Peace Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh held on March 9-10, 2018.
- • ”Shrimad Bhagvad Geeta: 18 Chapters for Human Excellence)” in National Seminar on Bhagvad Gita for Human Excellence organized by Department of Psychology(USOL), Department of Philosophy (USOL) & Interdisciplinary Centre for Swami Vivekananda Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh on 21st December, 2018.
- • Ethics and Values in Public Governance” in lecture organised by IQAC, Smt. Aruna Asaf Ali Govt. P.G.College, Kalka on 15th September, 2018.
- • “Development of Philosophy and Folk Religion in Haryana” presented as participant in 82nd 82nd Orientation Programme, HRDC-KUK from 21st November, 2018 to 18 December, 2018.
Citation Received: 09
- 1. S. Chandra - 2017 [BOOK] SOCIAL WELFARE ADMINISTRATION IN INDIA -books.google.com (Religious Practices and Democratic Values in India: A Search for Interreligious Dialogue) “ -Sirswal, Desh Raj (2010). DR. AMBEDKAR’S VIEWS ON HUMANISM AND BUDDHISM. In B.R. Langayan (ed.),_Relevance of Thoughts of Dr. Ambedkar in the Present Times_. Sahitya Sansthan, Gajiabad. – Sirswal, Desh Raj (2011). Philosophy of Social Change: Need of an Indian Model. In_The Positive Philsophy_ .Link: https://books.google.co.in/books?hl=en&lr=&id=LnRlDwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PR1&ots=X1Ar1Yh8h7&sig=bVsSasfwP0Bw96khdtsvPwtaScA#v=onepage&q&f=false
- 2. K Paul - Anish Kumar Verma, 2018 (PDF) Philosophical Inquiry: A Method to Investigate a Problem in Interpretive, Critical and Analytical Manner- researchdiscourse.org 2. Sirswal, Dr Desh Raj (2012). Methods of Philosophical Inquiry in Upanishads. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research,1,57-62) Link: http://researchdiscourse.org/images/books/January-March_2018.pdf#page=37
- 3. TS Reddy [PDF] (2018) Ambedkar’s Views on Social Philosophy and Education - joell.in (Sirswal,R. D. (2011). Dr.Ambedkar’s Ideas on Education and social change. Weslyan Journal of Research. 4 (1), 180183.) Link: http://joell.in/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/22-25-Dr.-T.-Sasikanth-Reddy.pdf
- 4. BN Ghosh, D Ghosh (2018) ATINER's Conference Paper Proceedings Series (PDF) - atiner.gr (Sirswal, Desh Raj (2011) Philosophy, Education and Indian Value System, IDEAINDIA.COM, pp.22-24. Anupamananda, Swami (2013) Swami Vivekananda and Value Education, Milestone Education Review, Year 04, No.1, April 2013, pp.14-15. Merina Islam & Desh Raj Sirswal (2013) Philosophy of Swami Vivekananda, CPPIS, Pehowa.)Link: https://www.atiner.gr/presentations/ECO2018-0066.pdf
- 5. References Ph.D. Thesis– Shodhganga: Sirswal, Desh Raj. 2011. ―Dr. Ambedkar's Ideas on Education and Social Change, Wesleyan Journal of Research 4 (1): 180-183.Link: shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/jspui/bitstream/10603/125002/12/12_references.pdf
- 6. Ramandeep Kaur and Vibha Jain (2018) “ The Pioneers of Women Empowerment During British India: Their Views and Its Relevance in the Contemporary Scenario, KAAV International Journal of Economics, Commerce & Business Management (Special Issue of National Seminar Khalsa College for Women, January 25,2018, Ludhiana, KIJECBM/JAN-25,(2018)/VOL-5/ISS-1/SINSKCW30 P.NO.129-132 (Desh Raj Sirswal ― Mahatma Jotiba Phule: A Modern Indian Philosopher (article Dec 2013)) Link: http://www.kaavpublications.org/special-issues/data/special-issue-10-0.pdf
- 7. R. B. More, From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (20 April 2018): "WOMEN LIBERATION IN THE VISION OF DR. B.R. AMBEDKAR in Proceedings of the One-Day Faculty Development Programme on "Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, Indian Constitution and Indian Society"; Compiler: Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal". philarchive.org. 20 January 2016. Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._B._More
- 8. Course Recommendation (2017): Desh Raj Sirswal; Value Education and Philosophy (A tribute issue to Swami Vivekananda); Milestone Education Review, 2014 for “HIST - Swami Vivekananda: Life and Teachings” at B.TECH-PETROLEUM ENGG (UPSTREAM) COURSE STRUCTURE (In line with Oklahoma University) First Year, I Semester. ) Link: http://spt.pdpu.ac.in/downloads/Semester%20I-2017.pdf
- 9. COURSEWORK FOR DOCTORAL DEGREE, HISTORY 2018, MANONMANIAM, TIRUNELVELI, TAMILNADU – 627 012., PART – B (4) GREAT THINKERS OF MODERN INDIA, P.16 (Desh Raj Sirswal, Dr B.R.Ambedkar – The Maker of Modern India, CPPIS Publication , 2016, Desh Raj Sirswal, Jyotiba Phule, A Modern Indian Philosopher, Darshan Journal, 2013) Link: https://www.msuniv.ac.in/images/academic/PhD/History.pdf
- • RUSA sponsored Capacity Building Workshop on “Ethics in Public Life” organized by the Department of Philosophy and P.G. Department of Public Administration, Post Graduate Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh under the aegis of State Higher Education Council Chandigarh, held on 19th March, 2018.
- • “Declamation Contest” on “Living Issues in Indian Society” (Celebrating Birth Anniversaries of Mahatma Jyotiba Phule and Dr.B.R. Ambedkar) sponsored by Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), Pehowa (Kurukshetra) organized by The Positive Philosophy Society, P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 11th April, 2018.
- • NSS Activities in Smt. Aruna Asaf Ali Govt. P.G.College, Kalka (Panchkula).
Membership/Board Member: 02
- • Life-Member, Indian Philosophical Congress (IPC) : T2018/L/0010 (T2018/ L/A/S/): 07-01-2018
- • Special Invitee of the Under Graduate Board of Studies in the subject of Philosophy at Panjab University, Chandigarh (2018-2019).
- • Short Term Three Days Training Course on “Ethics and Values in Public Governance” Sponsored by Department of Personnel and Training, Govt. of India and organised by Haryana Institute of Public Administration, Gurugram from September 5-7, 2018.
- • 82nd Orientation Course, HRDC-KUK from 21st November, 2018 to 18 December, 2018.
- • Participated in Asian Philosophy Conference on “Asian Perspectives on Holistic Modes of Thinking and Ways of Living” at Holistic Science Research Centre (HSRC) ,VVCRF, Surat on 3rd-4th January, 2018.
- • Participated in “Swasth Bharat Yatra”, a Pan-India cyclothon at Kalka (Panchkula) on 30th December, 2018 led by FSSAI under Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
- • Lokayata Vol. VIII , No.1 (March 2018): Special Issue on “Materialism in Indian Philosophy”
- • Lokayata Vol. VIII , No.2 ( September 2018)
- • Milestone Education Review, Year 9, No.01
- • Milestone Education Review, Year 9, No.02: Special Issue on Consumerism
New Courses enrolled:
- • Certificate Course in Human Rights, IGNOU, New Delhi.
- • Urdu Course from Haryana Urdu Academy, Panchkula.
- • Philosophy and the Sciences: Introduction to the Philosophy of Cognitive Sciences, Coursera.
- • Buddhism and Modern Psychology, Coursera.
In addition to the above said, I submitted several reports of the programs, regularly updated all our philosophy pages including Philosophy News in India, The Positive Philosophy, Indian Psychology, Interdisciplinary Studies, Scribd.com, Research Gate, Academia.edu, Issuu.com etc. Some assignments are pending for the next year:
- • Lokāyata: Journal of Positive Philosophy (ISSN 2249-8389), Vol.XI (01-02), September, 2019 : Theme- The Philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi
- • Milestone Education Review (The Journal of Ideas on Educational & Social Transformation) (ISSN: 2278-2168), Year 10 (01-02), October 2019 : Theme- Socio-Political Philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
Hope your blessings, motivation and good wishes guide me in my academic career and social life in future also.
Thanks for being with me.
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal
December 31, 2018