I am submitting my academic report for the year 2016 as a regular practice every year. This helps me to evaluate my academic contribution per year and motivate me to do more…
Papers Published: 03 +02
- • Religious Practices and Democratic Values in India: A Search for Interreligious Dialogue” in Proceedings of National Seminar on World Religions: A Step Towards Inter-Religious Dialogue, Sponsored by ICPR New Delhi at Department of Philosophy, Patkai Christian College (Autonomous), Chumukedima, Nagaland, 24-25 February, 2017, pp.98-102.
- • “Samaj Mein Naitik Mulyon ki Aavashyakta “ in Parmita, Year 08, No.08, pp.86-91 (ISSN:095-2560).
- • “ दर्शन, सृजनात्मकता और मानवीय सम्बन्ध “ in Milestone Education Review Milestone Education Review (The Journal of Ideas on Educational & Social Transformation), Year 08, No.02, October, 2017, pp.04-13 (ISSN: 2278-2168).
- • “Principles of Good Governance Advocated by Ancient Greek Thinkers” by Ajay Kumar Sharma and Desh Raj Sirswal in edited book GOOD GOVERNANCE: SOME ETHICAL ISSUES (submitted).
- • “Philosophy of Life of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji” in the Proceedings of International Seminar on Life and Philosophy of Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji on 24th of November, 2017 at Desh Bhagat University Campus Mandi Gobindgarh, Village Sounti Amloh District Fatehgarh Sahib.
- • Essays on Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, [Kindle Edition], Desh Raj Sirswal (Editor) Publisher: Centre for Studies in Educational, Social and Cultural Development (CSESCD), Milestone Education Society (Regd.), Pehowa (Kurukshetra), December 15, 2017, http://www.amazon.com
Papers Presented: 06
- • “Rights of Depressed Classes: A Constitutional Approach” in ICSSR Sponsored Two Days National Seminar cum Workshop on “Applied Indian Paradigms of Human Rights-Possibilities and Challenges (with special reference ot Samvedanaa, Sanskar & Adhikar) at S.D.College (Lahore) Ambala Cantt. in collaboration with Department of Sanskrit, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar and Department of Sanskrit, Punjabi University, Patiala held on 13th-14th January, 2017.
- • “Ethical Leadership in India: Present Scenario and Future” in UGC Sponsored Two-Day National Seminar On Contemporary Ethics: Theoretical, Practical and Methodological Disquiet, organised by Department of Philosophy., Singhbhum College, Chandil, Kolhan University, Jharkhand held on 6th- 7th February, 2017.
- • “Religious Practices and Democratic Values in India: A Search for Interreligious Dialogue” in ICPR Sponsored National Seminar on World Religions: A Step Towards Inter-Religious Dialogue organized by Department of Philosophy, Patkai Christian College (Autonomous), Chumukedima, Nagaland, held on 24-25 February, 2017.
- • “Aristotle on Happiness and the Good Life” in ICSSR North Western Regional Centre, Chandigarh sponsored One-Day National Seminar on “Aristotle and the Good Life’ organised by Department of Philosophy and Post Graduate Department of Public Administration at PGGCG-11, Chandigarh held on 29th March, 2017.
- • “A Study of Self-Perception in Relation to Well-Being in Buddhism” in 4th International & 6th Indian Psychological Science Congress organised by Department of Psychology, Panjab University, Chandigarh held on September 18-20, 2017.
- • “Charvaka Darshan ke Tattava Siddhant ki Vartmaan Prasangikta” in 62th Session of Akhil Bhartiya Darshan Parishad (ABDP) at J.N.V. University, Jodhpur held on 13th to 15th October, 2017.
Citation Received: 04
- • Whiley, Dona, et al. (2017). "Enhancing critical thinking skills in first year environmental management students: a tale of curriculum design, application and reflection." Journal of Geography in Higher Education 41.2 (2017): 166-181..( Mahatma Jyotiba Phule: A Modern Indian Philosopher).
- • Duhamel, Vincent.(2017) "Savoir et savoir-faire: la connaissance pratique entre intellectualisme et anti-intellectualisme." (2017). (The Official Doctrine and its Relevance Today)
- • Duhamel, Vincent (2017). "Savoir et savoir-faire: la connaissance pratique entre intellectualisme et anti-intellectualisme." (2017). (Ryle’s Dispositional Analysis of Mind and its Relevance).
- • Mohammad Salehi Sari, S.Zahra Hoseini Dronkolaei, Shahrbano Mohammadi (2017). “Human Resource Strategies Regarding Professional Ethics Staff of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences” in Bioethics Journal (Quarterly), Vol.07, No.24. (2017) Citation: Sirswal DR. Professional ethics and morality. Haryana: Society for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies; 2011. Link: 3http://journals.sbmu.ac.ir/en-be/article/view/19028.
- • ICSSR North-Western Regional Centre, Chandigarh Sponsored One-Day National Seminar on “Aristotle and the Good Life” organised by Department of Philosophy and P.G. Department of Public Administration held on 29th March 2017.
- • An “Interactive Session with Students” on the eve of Teacher’s Day organized by The Positive Philosophy Society “ on 5th September, 2017.
- • “World Philosophy Day” Celebrated with a Lecture on “The Philosophy of Happiness” by Ms. Sahar Gharachorlou (An Internationally Certified “Life Coach” and a Motivational Speaker) orgnaised by the Departments of Philosophy and Hindi on 16th November, 2017.
Membership/Board Member: 02
- • Special Invitee in the meeting of U.G.Board of Studies in the subject of Philosophy at Panjab University, Chandigarh (2017-2018).
- • Life Member, Indian Philosophical Congress (T2018/L/0010)
Online Pages Developed: 01
- • Celebrating 200 Years of Karl Marx: http://karlmarx200.wordpress.com
- • RUSA Sponsored Capacity Building Workshop on “ Sexual Harassment at Workplace: Prevention and Action” sponsored by State Project Directorate (RUSA) ,UT Chandigarh at P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 20th February, 2017.
- • Workshop on “Love Yourself, Heal Your Life” by Ms. Sahar Gharachorlou at Chandigarh on 3rd September, 2017.
- • RUSA Sponsored Capacity Building Workshop on “Research Ethics, Plagiarism and Quality Research Papers” held at Post Graduate Government College for Girls, Sector-11. Chandigarh under the aegis of STEC Chandigarh on 18th November, 2017.
- • Inauguration of "Dr. B. R.Ambedkar Community Resource Centre" in the Solan city of Himachal Pradesh on 17th December 2017 by MSC-Movement for Scavenger Community.
- • Happy World Philosophy Day –2017 (Buddha on Happiness).
- • Lokāyata: Journal of Positive Philosophy (ISSN 2249-8389) , Joint Issue Vol.VI (No.02) & Vol.VII (No.01), March 2017, Special Issue on “Aristotle and the Good Life”.
- • Lokāyata :Journal of Positive Philosophy (ISSN: 2249-8389) Vol. VII (2) September, 2017.
- • Milestone Education Review (The Journal of Ideas on Educational & Social Transformation) Year 08, No.01 (April, 2017).
- • Special Issue on Philosophy, Man and His World of Milestone Education Review (The Journal of Ideas on Educational & Social Transformation) Year 08, No.02 (October, 2017).
In addition to the abovesaid, I submitted several reports of the programmes, prepared new online profiles regular updated all our philosophy pages including Philosophy News in India, The Positive Philosophy, Indian Psychology, Interdisciplinary Studies, Scribd.com, Research Gate, Academia.edu, Issuu.com etc. Some assignments are pending for the next year:
- • Edited Book: Ethical Philosophy of Aristotle
- • Book: Kavita Moun Hi Hoti Hai (Poetry)
- • Book: The Stunning Beauty (Poetry)
- • Paper: Moral Philosophy of Karl Marx and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
Hope your blessings, motivation and good wishes guide me in my academic career and social life in future also.
Thanks for being with me.
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal
December 31, 2017