I am submitting my academic report for the year 2016 as a regular practice every year. This helps me to evaluate my academic contribution per year and motivate me to do more………..
Papers Published: 05
- • “Philosophy of Sufism and Islam” in Lokāyata: Journal of Positive Philosophy, Volume VI, No. 01 , March, 2016, pp.34-38 (ISSN: 2249-8389).
- • “The Role of Religious and Spiritual Values in Shaping Humanity (A Study of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Religious Thoughts” in Milestone Education Review (The Journal of Ideas on Educational & Social Transformation), Year 07, No.01, April, 2016, pp. 06-18 (ISSN: 2278-2168).
- • “Positive Philosophy of Swami Brahmananda Saraswati” in Darshan Jyoti: Refereed Annual Philosophical Research Journal, Year 05, No.01, September, 2015-August-2016, pp. 124-130 (ISSN: 2249-1196).
- • “Role of Religions in Imparting Social Justice in Indian Socio-Political Context” in Milestone Education Review (The Journal of Ideas on Educational & Social Transformation), Year 07, No.02, October, 2016, pp. 51-58 (ISSN: 2278-2168).
- • “Crime Against Dalits and Indigenous People as an International Human Rights Issue” in Proceedings of National Seminar on Human Rights of Marginalised Groups: Understanding and Rethinking Strategies”, complied by Dr. Manoj Kumar, Twentyfirst Century Publications, Patiala, 2016, pp.214-225 (ISBN:978-93-85447-01-3).
- • Essays on Positive Philosophy [Kindle Edition], Desh Raj Sirswal, CPPIS, Pehowa in March 2016 http://positivephilosophy.webs.com/
- • Dr. B.R. Ambedkar: The Maker of Modern India, Edited: Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal, CPPIS, Pehowa in April, 2016 (ISBN: 978-81-922377-8-7), http://positivephilosophy.webs.com/
- • Proceedings of One-Day Faculty Development Programme on “Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, Indian Constitution and Indian Society, Compiled by Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal, Department of Philosophy and P.G. Department of Public Administration, PGGCG-11, Chandigarh in 2016 (ISBN: 978-81-922377-9-4).
Papers Presented: 05
- • “Philosophy of Moral Transformation in Sufism” in National Seminar on Origin of Life and Its Concepts at Guru Nanak Girls College, Yamuna Nagar (Haryana) held on 31 March 2016.
- • “Empowerment of Marginalized Groups: An Ambedkarite Approach” in Two Days ICSSR Sponsored Two-Day National Seminar on “Human Rights for the Empowerment of Marginalized Communities in India: Understanding and Rethinking Strategy” at Department of Philosophy, P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-42, Chandigarh held on 11th & 12th March, 2016.
- • “Relevance of Substance Theory of Charvaka in Present Times” in One-Day National Seminar –cum-Panel Discussion on Science of Panch-Mahabhootas(Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Ether) & Consciousness at S.D. College (Lahore) Ambala Cantt. (Haryana) held on 16th April, 2016.
- • “Role of Religions in Imparting Social Justice in Indian Socio-Political Context” in ICSSR Sponsored National Seminar on “Challenges of Social Security, Social Inclusion for Inclusive Growth of India” at P.G. Department of Economics and P.G. Department of Sociology, PGGCG-11, Chandigarh held on 5th August, 2016.
- • “भारतीय समाज में नैतिक मूल्यों की आवश्यकता “ in 12th Session of Darshan Parishad (MP & Chattisgarh) and National Seminar on Moral Values and Society at Gwalior held on 15-16 October, 2016.
Citation Received: 02
- • Haigh, Martin. "Fostering deeper critical inquiry with causal layered analysis." Journal of Geography in Higher Education 40.2 (2016): 164-181.( Mahatma Jyotiba Phule: A Modern Indian Philosopher)
- • Lakshmi Narayan Singh Phule,"Life and Times of Mahatma Jyotirao and Krantijyoti Savitribai Phule." In Life_and_Times_of_Mahatma_Jyotirao_and_K.pdf ( Deshraj Siraswal, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule: A modern Indian Philosopher, https://msesaim.wordpress.com/category/jyotiba-phule/
- • RUSA Sponsored One-Day Faculty Development Programme on “Dr B.R.Ambedkar, Indian Constitution and Indian Society” organised by Department of Philosophy and Department of Public Administration, P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 20th January, 2016.
- • Interactive Meeting on "Ambedkarism for All Sections of Society" An interactive meeting organised by the Milestone Education Society (Regd.) Pehowa (Kurukshetra) on 17th April 2016.
- • “Declamation Contest” on “The Role of Youth in National Integration” organized by The Positive Philosophy Society of P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 4th November, 2016.
- • “World Philosophy Day-2016” at Departments of Philosophy & Hindi, P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 17-11-2016.
- • An Online National Level Essay Competition for Students on the theme “The Philosophy of Aristotle” at Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), MSES (Regd.), Pehowa (Kurukshetra) held on 17-11-2016 (World Philosophy Day).
Online Course: 01
- • MOOC: Introduction to Philosophy, The University of Edinburg, Coursera, May 22, 2016.
- • Life-Member, Darshan Parishad (Madhya Pradesh & Chattisgarh): 15/10/2016
Online Pages Developed: 01
- • Celebrating 24 Years of Aristotle: http://aristotle2400.wordpress.com
- • RUSA Sponsored One-Day Workshop on “Challenges and Opportunities under CBCS” organised by P.G. Department of Sociology, P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 26th February, 2016.
- • RUSA Sponsored One-Day Capacity Building Workshop on “Institutional Leadership” under the agies of Department of Higher Education, Chandigarh at P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 19th March, 2016.
- • RUSA Sponsored One-Day Capacity Building Workshop on “Knowledge Enhancement” under the agies of Department of Higher Education, Chandigarh at P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 29th March, 2016.
- • Happy World Philosophy Day –2016 (Celebrating 2400 Years of Aristotle).
- • Lokayata Vol.VI,No.01 (March 2016) edited by Desh Raj Sirswal
- • Special Issue on Philosophy of Dr. B.R. Ambedakr : Milestone Education Review,Year 07, No. 01.
- • Special Issue on Ambedkar, Indian Society and Tribal Philosophy: Milestone Education Review, Year 07, No. 02.
In addition to the abovesaid, I submitted several reports of the programmes, prepared new online profiles regular updated all our philosophy pages including Philosophy News in India, The Positive Philosophy, Indian Psychology, Interdisciplinary Studies, Scribd.com, Research Gate, Academia.edu, Issuu.com etc. Some assignments are pending for the next year:
- • Ideology of Prof.( Dr) Sohan Raj Tater (Book)
- • Special Issue of Lokayata Journal on “Aristotle and the Good Life”
- • Teaching Human Rights : Present Problems and Future Perspectives (Research Paper)
- • Ethical Leadership in India: Present Scenario and Future (Research Paper)
- • Religious Practices and Democratic Values in India: A Search for Interreligious Dialogue (Research Paper)
Hope your blessings, motivation and good wishes guide me in my academic career and social life in future also.
Thanks for being with me.
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal
December 31, 2016